Posts tagged r
A CNC Router is a Numerical Controlled (NC) tool that creates objects by cutting various types of work such as wood, plastic, composites, foam, aluminum, steel, etc. The Parts of a project “Work” can be designed using a computer in conjunction with a CAD/CAM program. Once numerically programmed, the work can be cut automatically using a Router to produce a finished part. CNC routers comes in many configurations including the small home style known as “Desktop CNC Router” to the larger ones known as “Gantry CNC Routers” which are used on boat making facilities. Though there are many configurations, still most of the CNC routers have a few specific parts in common, likes CNC controller, one or more spindle motors, AC inverters, and a table. Generally CNC routers are available is 3 axis and 5 axis formats.
The CNC works on the Cartesian coordinate system (X, Y, Z) for 3D motion control. CNC stands for computer numerical control. This gives the computer a printer-like ability to drive a CNC machine to make parts.
CNC Routers can be very useful when carrying out identical, repetitive jobs. A CNC router typically produces consistent and high quality work and improves factory productivity. You can find a selection of used and new CNC Routers at Superior Machinery.
Advantages of CNC Routers:
1) Useful when carrying out repetitive or identical jobs
2) Produces consistent and high quality work and improves factory productivity
3) can be used in the production of many different items
4) Can reduce waste, frequency of errors and the time the finished product takes to get to market
5) Gives more flexibility to the manufacturing process
6) Can also make thermo-forming of plastics by simply automating the trimming process